Active Tags technologies
is a set of specifications that allow to use XML tags as actions to perform.
Native XML Programming where usual procedure-oriented sentences can be mixed with declarative sentences.
specifies a framework for
core technologies provides :
tightly integrates XML technologies in an extensible, powerful,
and efficient machinery that offers means to handle with ease XML materials and other non-XML materials like if they were XML.
works with all the above core components and other specialized components -called modules- that cover usual features such as I/O, RDBMS, Web...
is the smartest way to put them all together.
- a language (XCL) for general purpose usages
- a language (EXP) for customization and extensions definitions
- a schema language (the Active Schema Language) that covers assertions expected on a document class with a greater efficiency than other schema technologies. ASL is a major application of .
- a strong integration with data types (Active Datatypes) compliant with W3C XML Schema's.
- a catalog technology (Active Catalog) compliant with Oasis' XML Catalog.
[Index of XML material...]
- [RefleX] : a Java engine that implements many optional modules (Web, RDBMS...)